Whether you live in a small home in the city or a large home surrounded by the countryside, there is one thing that nearly all households have in common. Safety is something that matters when it comes to our home. This is exactly why so many people are looking for security options that improve their peace of mind in their own homes. A driveway alarm is one of those options.
Driveway alarms will provide audible alerts that someone is coming onto your property, no matter where you happen to be. Whether you’re sleeping in bed, making a meal for the family, or spending some time in the backyard, the best driveway alarms can keep you and the rest of your family safe and secure at all times.
Since there are so many driveway sensors on the market, choosing one that meets your needs isn’t always easy. That’s why we wanted to share the top 9 on the market today. You can see their features at a glance to get a better idea of which driveway alert system will best meet your needs.
If you don’t find the perfect driveway alarm on our list, don’t worry. We’ll also share some information about selecting an alarm on your own, along with the most important factors to keep in mind when selecting an alarm so you can be sure you’re making the right decision.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Driveway Alarm in 2020
- 2 eMacros Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Motion Sensor
- 3 Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm with Two Sensors Kit
- 4 Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm Motion Sensor & Detector
- 5 Hosmart Rechargeable Driveway Alarm Wireless Sensor System & Driveway Sensor Alert System
- 6 Htzsafe Solar Driveway Alarm Solar Powered Motion Sensor & Detector
- 7 Dakota Alert DCPA-4000 Wireless Driveway Alarm System
- 8 Driveway Informer Wireless Driveway Alarm
- 9 Htzsafe Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm System
- 10 Hosmart Rechargeable Driveway Alarm Wireless Sensor System & Driveway Sensor Alert System
- 11 How to Choose the Right Driveway Alert Sensor
- 12 Conclusion
Best Driveway Alarm in 2020
eMacros Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Motion Sensor
If what you are looking for is an extremely reliable driveway alarm, the eMacros offering is perfect for your needs. It was tested and developed to offer an infrared outdoor alarm option that will effortlessly provide alerts about activity on or near your property. There is a sensitivity option you can adjust to prevent excessive false alarms.
This device has been created of industrial-grade PVC for the housing with a rubberized weather-resistant seal. It also runs on a single solar rechargeable power option. It has a large range at half a mile under ideal conditions, while it has at least 1,500 feet of wireless range in nearly any conditions. Another perk is that the installation takes nearly no time and can accommodate up to four sensors and as many receivers as you like.
● Offers a solar-powered alarm with no need to worry about battery replacement
● Easy to install and can be expanded to up to four sensors for serious coverage
● Includes a receiving range of one-half a mile in ideal conditions
● The audible alert has only one option and may not be loud enough for everyone
Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm with Two Sensors Kit
The Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm comes with a total of two sensors but can be upgraded to accommodate up to 16 sensors, making it a great option for people with a lot of ground to cover. It comes with a two-year warranty and customer support that includes calls, live chat, and video tutorials. The company is also well-known and located in America.
This outdoor motion alert sensor has plug and play functionality so installation is a breeze. All you need to do is place the sensors you are using and wait for notifications when people, vehicles, or large animals come near the alarm. The device boasts a 500-foot range and uses passive infrared technology to prevent false alarms. This is a durable and reliable alarm backed by a fantastic company.
● Comes with a two-year warranty and excellent customer support team
● Easy to customize and install plug and play alarm to meet your needs
● Offers a guaranteed 500-foot range and prevent false alarms
● Receiver may be too quiet for some individuals’ preferences
Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm Motion Sensor & Detector
This is our second recommendation from Guardline, which is a dedicated company offering outdoor motion sensor alarms. The team behind the brand offers excellent customer service and each alarm comes with a two-year warranty. This is an accurate and reliable driveway alarm model that will fit the needs of many. It is easy to install and can use up to 16 sensors for those who need a large amount of coverage.
This is an easy to install alarm where you place the sensors and then are alerted when vehicles, people, or large animals come near. It offers a ¼-mile range testing with buildings, walls, trees, and vehicles to ensure high quality. The sensors look for both movement and heat to prevent false alarms.
● Offers extreme reliability and durability for peace of mind about your home
● Features a ¼-mile wide range that picks up both heat and motion for limited false alarms
● Easy to install and can use over a dozen sensors at once
● May require more frequent battery changes than expected
Hosmart Rechargeable Driveway Alarm Wireless Sensor System & Driveway Sensor Alert System
This alarm system from Hosmart includes a single AC or battery-powered base receiver and a single sensor. It comes from a company that has been in the outdoor alarm and alert system industry for more than 30 years. This is an easy to install device and it can be easily expanded to up to four sensors if one isn’t doing the trick for your home. There are also several chimes to choose from for alerts.
With a ¼-mile range in ideal situations, it has plenty of range for most households. It is also made of durable materials with PVC housing and rubberized weather and water-resistant seals. It also comes with a sunshade to prevent damage during the day.
● Features a quick start guide and can be installed and working in only a few minutes
● Offers a ¼-mile wide receiving range even near buildings, vehicles, and trees
● Created using durable materials like PVC and a rubberized seal
● Takes four batteries and may need replacements more often than expected
Htzsafe Solar Driveway Alarm Solar Powered Motion Sensor & Detector
This solar driveway alarm from Htzsafe has no need for battery replacements, meaning maintenance is much quicker and easier than other models. It has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery charged through a solar panel, even on days that are rainy. It also has many application options with a ½-mile range in ideal conditions. There are three sensitivity options from low to high.
The motion sensor that goes outside is waterproof and has a fully enclosed design. It will work in temperatures ranging from -30 all the way up to 158 degrees. This device has been created to be simple to install with wireless communication between the sensor and alarm. It can also be expanded to use up to 32 sensors for those who need to protect a larger piece of land. It offers volume adjustment and 35 alert tones to choose from.
● Solar-powered with no need to worry about changing out batteries
● Offers a range of up to ½-mile and sensor detection of up to 50 feet
● Waterproof and offers a wide temperature range of between -22 and 158 degrees Fahrenheit
● May not work as well in situations with no light available
Dakota Alert DCPA-4000 Wireless Driveway Alarm System
Those who are looking for a serious driveway alarm will want to consider the Dakota Alert DCPA-4000. It consists of a DCPT-400 transmitter and a 50-foot direct burial cable that can easily detect the presence of moving vehicles that come close to the probe. It immediately sends out alerts when a car is nearby, resulting in a chime that you can hear anywhere in your home. It detects only vehicles so false alerts will be a thing of your past when using it.
This is a great option for monitoring only a driveway since the metal probe is able to sense a car within 10 to 12 feet of itself. The received itself doesn’t have to be nearby for alerts, it can be up to a full mile away. The probe transmitter is fully weatherproof and works even in extreme temperatures.
● Automatically detects moving vehicles using a buried probe technology
● Features a metal sensing probe that can detect cars from 10 to 12 feet away
● Made of weather-resistant materials and can withstand very cold and hot temperatures
● Does not have as many features as the previous model by the company
Driveway Informer Wireless Driveway Alarm
This driveway alarm from Driveway Informer offers a one-year warranty so you can be sure it’s the right alarm for you. You can choose a replacement or a refund depending on your preference during the first year. It has been created to offer easy installation with an easy to read instruction manual, a mounting bracket, and screws. This is a reliable option that detects people, vehicles, and animals as well as an open closet alert.
This alarm has a 1,000-foot signal and long-lasting battery life. It has been made of durable materials and you can expand it to cover a large area with additional sensors and receivers. All receivers have a volume control, an LCD display counter, and terminal screws to add accessories. It’s a great option for those who want safety without spending a bundle on it.
● An inexpensive and reliable driveway alarm that is simple to install and operate
● Offers a 1,000-foot range signal and a long-lasting battery life
● Created using durable, all-weather materials with the option to expand
● May not offer the highest quality when located near lots of trees or buildings
Htzsafe Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm System
This solar wireless driveway alarm system is by Htzsafe and can be used for all sorts of different security needs. Since the batteries are charged using sunlight, there’s little need to ever worry about swapping out batteries, which can’t be said for many alarm systems. This also means you don’t need to do any wiring during the installation process, which saves you an extra step.
There is a wireless transmission range with this product of ½ a mile and the infrared detection range reaches up to 300 feet in ideal conditions. It also has four different zones that can each have their own alarm so you can easily determine what is happening where. The receiver features four relay outputs for the zones and can connect the system to other alarms.
● The receiver includes four relay outputs for various zones connecting to other alarm systems
● Has infrared detection up to 300 feet and a transmission range of ½ mile
● Solar charged and battery-powered for no need to worry about wiring
● Manual can be hard to understand which makes for a frustrating installation
Hosmart Rechargeable Driveway Alarm Wireless Sensor System & Driveway Sensor Alert System
Our last alarm for this article is the second from Hosmart and if offers a wireless driveway alarm with a single sensor and a battery or AC powered base receiver. This device comes with a quick start guide to get everything up and running in just a few minutes. It can be expanded to use up to four sensors and as many receivers as you desire. It can detect vehicles, humans, and large animals.
This alarm lets you choose from several chimes and those who have multiple sensors can set up a different chime for each of them. The system is made with durable industrial-grade PVC and includes a weather and water-resistant seal for bad weather. This model also boasts a sunshade for extra protection.
● Comes with a simple start guide to get the alarm running in only minutes
● Has several different chimes to choose from for each sensor you use
● Features a ¼-mile receiving range in ideal conditions and 1,500 feet wireless range
● Batteries are likely to need changing much more quickly than expected
How to Choose the Right Driveway Alert Sensor
Now that you have an idea of which driveway alarms are available, we wanted to share some additional information. There are tons of things to consider when choosing an alarm system, but some are more important than others. In order to help you narrow down your options to make the right decision, you should consider the things below before buying a new driveway alarm.
Look at the Reviews
As with any other item you decide to purchase, taking a look at the reviews can give you insight into the pros and cons of a product. People who already own the driveway sensor you are considering can provide you with insight about how long it lasts, how reliable it is, and whether there are useful features included. If negative reviews are included, you can also think about the pitfalls with choosing one alarm over another.
Sensor and Receiver Range
Another thing to consider when selecting a driveway alarm is the range between the receiver and the sensor. It’s also important to look at the range between the alarm’s sensor and the items it can detect. You want to be certain that noises can be detected from far enough away that the alarm will prove useful to you and your family. The best options are going to have a larger detection range.
How Easy Installation Is
When deciding between various driveway alarms on the market, determining which alarms are user-friendly is also important. Most people do not want to deal with a long, drawn-out installation process. Look for an alarm that provides comprehensive instructions. You should also check that all the items needed for assembly come as part of the alarm kit, so you don’t need to make any additional purchases.
Driveway Alarm Durability
Nobody wants to buy a new alarm just to find out that it isn’t durable, so it falls apart soon after receiving it. That is why you should spend some time considering the quality of construction of the alarm as well as what materials are used to create it. When it comes to alarms used in driveways, a weatherproof option is the best choice. This can offer great value for the money you spend since it will last longer out in the elements.
Level of Alarm Accuracy
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a driveway alarm is how accurate it will be. Having an alarm that works well when there is snow or it is dark outside can be really important to many people. It’s always worth looking at reviews to determine whether the manufacturer is telling the truth about the range of motion detection available. Each of these things will give you insight into whether an alarm is worth purchasing.
Price, Budget, and Value
Keeping to a budget can be important when choosing a new alarm for your driveway. However, choosing an alarm solely based on price may lead to a situation where the alarm doesn’t have all the features you may have wanted. Sometimes it may be worth spending a bit more to ensure a functional and efficient product. If you must stick to a specific amount, make sure to research all your options so you can get the best deal.
Warranties for Driveway Alarms
Not every alarm is going to come with a warranty, but many do. This can give extra peace of mind that it will work properly when it is most needed. The products that do offer warranties often have a time limit of one or two years, but this can also vary. Make sure to pay attention to the warranty policy and whether it only applies to repairs or also offers a refund if you find the product doesn’t meet your needs.
Having the best driveway alarm system will offer you safety, security, and peace of mind. The nine alarms listed above are diverse and offer the features that most people want so you can make a purchase quickly and easily to secure your home. You can also look at the information about alarm features in the article to research other alarms before making your decision.
spiritual being, homebody, traveler, etc…